Women can do well in any post, the first female dzongda says

Women can do well in any post, the first female dzongda says Given the chance and necessary support, women can do well in any post, the first female Dzongda of the country, Ngawang Pem said. His Majesty The King appointed her as Tsirang Dzongda four years ago.

“As the first female Dzongda, I felt quite different. I felt proud of to be appointed as the first female Dzongda.”

She said, many people tested her as she took up the post.Women can do well in any post, the first female dzongda says--

“Some people even thought that I will not be able to get along or I am not aware of many things that I am supposed to know. But it is my job to know what is happening in the dzongkhag. I worked harder.”

Besides successfully implementing the planned projects, Ngawang Pem worked hard outside the comfort of her office to transform Tsirang.

Her cleaning and beautifying initiatives has transformed Tsirang into a beautiful district, today.

“His Majesty always reminded us that where we live should be liveable, clean, and beautiful. I have always kept those words on my mind.”

She said they started working on a park without any budget.

Ngawang Pem is now planning to focus more on waste management.

She has already introduced every Friday, as social work day, where the entire dzongkhag staff come together in the afternoon to keep the dzongkhag surroundings clean and green.

Dzongda Ngawang Pem has become an inspiration for other women to take up leadership roles.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube