BCSEA declares classes X and VI exam results

The Bhutan Council for School Examinations and Assessment (BCSEA) has declared the results for classes ten and six today. The pass percentage for both classes is over 70 per cent. According to BCSEA, the pass percentage for class ten has increased by over two per cent compared to the 2022 batch.

Over 10,500 students appeared for the Bhutan Certificate of Secondary Education examination for class ten.

The English subject was the favourite among class ten students, with a pass percentage of almost 95 per cent.

Mathematics, on the other hand, recorded a low pass percentage of about 35 per cent.

The class ten national topper is Eden Lucky Tshomo from Ugyen Academy, scoring 94 per cent.

She said, “I was truly happy and it was completely unexpected. I was at my home and my brother sent me a message saying congratulations. And I was truly taken aback by that. I want to thank all of my teachers, my parents, and all of my family members and friends who have been with me throughout this journey. I felt like I was sitting for the BCSE exam twice. Once during the trial exam and the other one during the final exam. It helped me a lot as I got familiarised with the question pattern and I studied according to what came during the trial and it helped me a lot.’’

In the second position is Nangsel Choeki of Lungtenzampa Middle Secondary School with 93.4 per cent, while Loselling Middle Secondary School’s Sangay Dema scored 93.2 per cent and secured the third position.

The national topper said she was surprised by the news and credited her success to the trial examinations.

In the Language and Culture Studies Certificate class ten examination, Tashi Lham scored 89.4 per cent to secure the first position.

She said “For getting such a good result, I would like to extend my gratefulness to my teachers, friends and my family for their support, so far. I am very happy and I hope to do the same in the future”

Nima Dorji and Sonam Gunglen Doya took the second and third positions, respectively.

According to the Officiating Controller of Examinations, the class ten pass percentage increased because students were familiar with the question pattern through the trial exams.

“Through discussions with teachers and my reflections, it seems that BCSEA sending out trial papers might have assisted children in preparing for the final examination. The results indicate a significant increase in the pass percentage by 2.20, which is noteworthy,” said Kinley Dorji, Officiating Controller of Examinations of BCSEA.

The BCSEA also declared the results for the class six common examination.

Topping the country with almost a hundred per cent was Nangsey Tenzin Lhazin from Zhemgang Primary School.

Chimi Dem of Lamgong Higher Secondary School secured the second position with 96.75 per cent, while Tandee Ongmo Dorji of Gelephu Lower Secondary School came in third, only 10 percentage points behind Chimi Dem.

The overall pass percentage for class six is 72.39 per cent.

More than 11,000 class six students appeared for the common examination in December of last year.

Sonam Yuden

Edited by Sherub Dorji

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube