Paro FC win BoB Bhutan Premier League

Paro FC are once again the champions of the BOB Bhutan Premier League. The champions celebrated their third consecutive title win during the season finale at Wochu Sports Arena in Paro yesterday. This is their fourth title since the league was founded in 2018.

Despite losing the match 1-2 against Transport United FC yesterday, the Tigers already secured the title way ahead of the final day kick-off.

With 16 wins, 1 loss and 1 draw, the champions secured 49 points from a possible 54 points.

Meanwhile, Thimphu City FC stood second on the table with 42 points and the Transport United FC came third surpassing RTC FC by 37 points.

“I am happy and content with the results this year. It is not an easy task. We had to put in a lot of effort and spend a lot. And after all the efforts, this is rewarding. We will continue to defend the title however; other clubs will also be planning to win the title. So, it will be more fun in the next season,” said Karma Jigme, President of Paro FC.

Meanwhile, Pushpalal Sharma, the Paro FC’s head coach bagged the BFF President’s Coach of the Year.

“I alone cannot take the credit for the success that we have been able to continuously make with Paro FC. I definitely would like to acknowledge the efforts being made by all the management members, fans, technical teams and the players among others who were engaged in making our journey thus far a successful one.”

Similarly, Thimphu City FC’s striker Armand Beadoum took the golden ball for the highest goals scored and was the most valuable player of the season.

Yuya Kuriyama from the Thimphu City FC was the best goalkeeper and Chimmi Dorji from the Ugyen Academy FC was the young emerging player of the year.

Namgay Wangchuk, Paro

Edited by Tshering Zam

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube