Constructions in Trongsa’s extended town to be allowed soon

The plot owners in the planned extended town area in Trongsa are likely to be able to begin constructions in about two to three months’ time. A moratorium on construction was put in place after the plan period for the preparation of the extended town began in December 2015.

“We have withheld constructions of any kind for more than three years now and the municipality office has been receiving mounting pressures from the public,” Pema Zangmo, the dzongkhag’s municipal engineer, said.

The extended town area stretches from the highway and covers Sherabling and Yuling village.

There are 214 plot owners in the extended town. They are looking forward to enjoying better facilities.

“I think a lot of our problems would be solved once the area becomes a town,” a plot owner from Yuling said.

“Right now, we do not have a proper road, water supply and other facilities,” Sangay Dorji, a plot owner from Sherbaling, said.

There are others who are not happy with the plot demarcation.

“Some parts of our land now belong to others and vice versa, while others have been allotted plots in places where carrying out constructions would be difficult,” Karma Dolma from Yuling said.

“When the plot measurements were carried out recently, my land was allotted to other people,” Pem Bhuthi, also from Yuling, said.

“I was told the land near my house doesn’t belong to me and they allotted me a plot that is not cultivable,” Tashi Choden, another plot owner from Yuling, said.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube