Villagers in Bunakha live in fear following cattle raiding cases

Following several cattle raiding incidents, villagers in Bunakha, Chhukha are living in constant fear. Several cattle have been lost, prompting residents to call for stricter and enhanced law enforcement to prevent further losses. They are awaiting the outcome of a police investigation into a case reported a month ago.

In Bunakha, villagers rely heavily on agriculture and livestock for their livelihoods.

However, cattle raiding incidents in the community and nearby villages have left many in fear of sending their cattle out during the day.

About a month ago, villagers lost five cattle at once, and the community is still anxiously awaiting the outcome of the police investigation.

With such cases on the rise, villagers are calling for stricter regulations and law enforcement, fearing that continued losses could severely impact their livelihoods.

Lobzang, Bunakha Tshogpa said “Cattle raiding cases have been persistent in our community. Last time, we lost about five cattle at a time and they were killed. I reported it to the police and I am still following up the case. They have said that they are working on the case and will let me know when they catch the suspect.”

Jigme Nidup, another resident said “This is concerning because we are all dependent on agriculture and livestock.  In the past, we used to send our cattle out in the fields and forest during the day and nothing like this happened. It is now becoming risky and challenging.”

According to the police, investigation into the case are still ongoing, with officials awaiting forensic results.

For now, all that the villagers can do is stay vigilant and hope for a swift resolution to the growing problem.

Kinley Dem, Chhukha

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube