Exploring Bhutan’s rich culture, exhibition near Dungkar Dzong

A vibrant cultural exhibition showcasing the country’s rich culture, heritage, and arts and crafts among others is ongoing right next to the Dungkar Dzong in Paro, complementing the historic Bhutan Innovation Forum. The exhibition offers visitors a glimpse of various aspects of the Bhutan’s cultural landscape, providing an insight into the country’s history, culture and artistic expressions.

28 private stakeholders and 15 Zorig stalls, encompassing a diverse group of artisans, craftsmen, and cultural enthusiasts, are displaying Bhutanese arts and crafts, highlighting the country’s harmonious relationship between its past and future.

Officials from the Department of Dzongkha Development and Culture said that this cultural display complements the forum, attracting both local and international visitors to explore Bhutan’s unique cultural landscape.

Tshering Uden Penjor, the chief of the Museum Division at the Department of Dzongkha Development and Culture said “We are here to showcase our rich cultural diversity and artistic traditions to over a thousand participants who are attending the forum from all over the world. The cultural exhibition hopes to complement and create a better understanding amongst the participants of the Bhutan Innovation Forum.”

Meanwhile, the exhibitors expressed pride and excitement in showcasing their traditional crafts alongside modern innovations, recognizing the event as a unique platform to celebrate Bhutan’s evolving identity.

Yeshey Dema, a trainee of the National Institute for Zorig Chusum said “We had a lot of visitors in the last two days of the forum. Moreover, visitors showed immense interest and purchased our products.  I feel proud that I got to participate in such a big event.”

Karma Choden, the founder of Green Craft Bhutan said “Participating in such a historic event, I feel that it is a privilege for me and my business.  I am running a start-up right now. From this platform, I am able to understand how other businesses are doing. At the same time, I am able to promote my business. The visibility of work is crucial thing we are taking from this event.”

Several other exhibitions are ongoing by the ORO Bank and Gelephu Mindfulness City among others inside the Dungkar Dzong.

Kinzang Lhadon, Kinley Dem, Passang Dorji

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube