Anticipation grows as Bhutan prepares for three-day Innovation Forum in Paro

The three-day Bhutan Innovation Forum is set to begin next week at Dungkar Dzong in Pangbisa, Paro. As anticipation builds, many Bhutanese are eagerly awaiting the gathering of global leaders, innovators, and entrepreneurs to shape a visionary economic city, Gelephu Mindfulness City. There is widespread hope that the forum will spark mindful and sustainable approaches to business and innovation.

The Bhutan Innovation Forum promises three days of dynamic workshops, extensive networking, and interactive sessions focused on sustainable development and mindful entrepreneurship.

With over a thousand domestic and international participants expected, the forum is set to be a vibrant hub of innovation and collaboration.

BBS spoke with several Bhutanese closely following the event, who expressed optimism that the forum will spark mindful economic growth in Bhutan.

“I think this forum is bringing together international high-profile speakers with critical thinking, entrepreneurship, innovation, and huge investment potential, all in support of His Majesty’s vision of Gelephu Mindfulness City. Here, I believe it will be innovative, not only in terms of technology and business but also innovative in spatial planning, community living, mindfulness, and well-being. Therefore, whatever idea comes out of this forum is going to be something very unique, which has never been done before anywhere in the world,” said Kinga Tshering, founder of the Institute of Happiness.

“For me, Bhutan Innovation Forum is a platform that talks on innovation, and our country is taking a stand with the evolving times. Bhutan is trying to come up with new ideas and create a platform for technology where people will have more knowledge, experience, and better decision-making to implement better strategies for the future,” said Nidup Zangmo, a resident of Phuentsholing.

“I am looking forward to the Bhutan Innovation Forum for sustainable, innovative, and mindful approaches to key areas of technology, healthcare, education, urban planning, environmental conservation, and economic transformation. I think the Bhutan Innovation Forum will play a pivotal role in advancing the vision of the Gelephu Mindfulness City,” said Kinley Choden, a lecturer at Royal Thimphu College.

With innovators, investors, and entrepreneurs gathering at the forum, the Bhutan Chamber of Commerce and Industry is anticipating a fruitful economic initiative for the private sector through the forum.

“We are quite optimistic that through this forum, we will be able to get a clear picture of where private sectors can engage in the business for the Gelephu Mindfulness City. So in the forum, we will be able to know the potential area of investment, the investment size, and the incentives for the investors,” said Tandy Wangchuk, the president of Bhutan Chamber of Commerce and Industry.

“It is going to be a congregation of different disciplines, thought leaders, developers, philosophers, and all kinds of people gathering there, including 20 members from the Bhutanese private sector. By this, I think we are going to draw out many best practices and recommendations that would be useful in taking forward the initiative that His Majesty the King has, as a dream and a vision for the people of Bhutan,” said Chandra Chettri, secretary general at BCCI.

The Bhutan Innovation Forum will showcase nearly 100 speakers, including eight influential keynote speakers and 89 thought leaders from around the world.

Set against the backdrop of Dungkar Dzong, this highly anticipated event will unfold from the 1st to the 3rd of October, promising to ignite transformative ideas and foster a global dialogue on sustainable innovation.

Deki Lhazom & Singye Dema

Edited by Sherub Dorji

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube