Participants take delight in attending Bhutan Innovation Forum

Excitement is building among participants as the Bhutan Innovation Forum gears up to bring together global thought leaders, innovators, and entrepreneurs among others at the iconic Dungkar Dzong in Paro next week. The three-day event will host key discussions on mindfulness, sustainable development, and cutting-edge technology. 

Through dynamic workshops, networking, and interactive sessions, the event is expected to promote ethical practices, eco-friendly innovation, and cultural preservation, blending modern technology with Bhutanese traditions to drive holistic growth and environmental stewardship.

The forum will feature nearly 100 speakers, including eight keynote speakers from across the globe.

Speaking with some of the international and Bhutanese speakers, they expressed their excitement to engage in conversations linking art, technology, and mindful entrepreneurship, with a focus on sustainable investments.

One of the speakers at the event is Jonathan F.P. Rose, an urban planner and Co-Founder of the Garrison Institute. He was awarded Druk Thuksey in recognition of his exceptional services to Bhutan last year.

In a Zoom interview with BBS, he shared his enthusiasm for meeting participants from diverse backgrounds, anticipating generative and impactful experiences.

“I am very much looking forward to the Bhutan Innovation Forum. There will be an exciting range of people there and a wonderful mix of people from the international world and Bhutanese. And I think it will be a very generative experience. I think they can expect a lot of exciting ideas and the seeds of the element for the future of Bhutan that draw deeply from its past. I think it is really important to draw from its magnificent ecology, deep culture, and Buddhist dharma and think about how to take those elements and apply them to the future of Bhutan as a model for the world.”

Other international and local speakers are equally enthusiastic, looking forward to discussions surrounding mindfulness, sustainability, innovation and entrepreneurship.

Khailee NG, Global Managing Partner of 500 Global said “I am excited to see that we can have a conversation that is about sustainability and mindfulness. Personally, I am excited to see more investments in exciting new areas that uplift people and the economy. I think having this gathering in Bhutan is going to be the right ground for us to be able to engage in that.”

Richa Gupta, Co-Founder and CEO of Labhya said “I am looking forward to learning from world leaders and experts in the space who have put well-being at the front and centre of development and who have ensured that we sustainably grow and ensure the growth of our planet in the safest manner for our children and young people.”

Chewang Rinzin, the Royal Institute for Governance and Strategic Studies’ Director said “The line-up of speakers and the many topics that are listed for discussion in the forum, under the broad themes of mindfulness, innovation, entrepreneurship, and sustainability. In my opinion, they are of global scale, profile and profundity, and it offer a unique opportunity for anyone participating in this forum to share, learn and connect.”

Chandrika Tamang, CDK Gyencha’s owner said “I am very excited for the innovation forum because we will be meeting so many people from vast intellectual backgrounds, and we will also be having an opportunity to share from Bhutanese context of what we can do, possibilities, challenges, and opportunities we have, during the forum. The topic I will be speaking is design, fashion and entrepreneur.”

Over 1,000 international and Bhutanese participants will be attending the event from the 1st to 3rd October.

Kinzang Lhadon and Namgay Dem 

Edited by Tshering Zam 

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube