Rinchen Terzoe Jaglung ends, thousands receive Tshewang

Marking the conclusion of the Rinchen Terzoe Jaglung, nearly 30,000 devotees from across the country gathered to receive Tshewang, a longevity empowerment, at the Ugyen Pema Woeling Zangdopelri at Bondey in Paro, today. Shechen Rabjam Rinpoche presided over the three-and-a-half month-long empowerment and oral transmission, which was organised by Khentruel Karma Jigme.

The Rinchen Terdzö Chenmo is the largest of the Five Treasuries compiled by Jamgön Kongtrul Lodro during his lifetime. This extraordinary collection consists of the main Rediscovered Treasures, or terma, of Tibetan Buddhism, along with the texts required to confer the related empowerments and provide explanations for their practice.

The Great Treasure Revealer Terchen Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo travelled for 13 years across Central and Eastern Tibet to gather these texts and receive transmissions from the nearly extinct lineages that were preserved by only a few individuals.

The empowerment which began in the last week of May, included over 800 types of blessings based on texts from Guru Rinpoche and his main disciples, as revealed by the tertoens.

Devotees commended the smooth execution of the Rinchen Terzoe Jaglung programme which they say is due to divine blessings and collective devotion.

“Thanks to the grace of Tsawa sum, the Rinpoche’s prayers and the devotion from the devotees, the Rinchen Terzoe Jaglung went very smoothly,” said Khenpo Thinley Dorji, principal of Pema Woling Zangdopelri Monastery, Paro.

“We are very satisfied with the empowerment as the Rinpoche did all the hard work and we are grateful to him. After receiving the blessing, I have no regrets or expectations even if I were to die,” said Dorji Tshering, a devotee from Samtse.

“We are grateful to the Rinpoche for his dedication in blessing everyone. Although we may not be able to pray well for ourselves, I want to offer the merits I gained from receiving the blessing to my parents, all sentient beings and those who could not attend to receive the blessing in person,” said Wangmo, a devotee from Chhukha.

Meanwhile, the event also provided locals with the opportunity to boost their income.

“This year, we were able to sell our farm produce, thanks to the Rinchen Terzoe Wang. Previously, we struggled to find buyers but this year we had a good business,” said Phub Dem, a shopkeeper.

“We set up a makeshift shop near the Zangdopelri area and we sold vegetables and other items. At the same time, we also received the wang and lung and we are very satisfied with the experience,” said Kencho Wangmo, another shopkeeper.

A three-day Tshogbum offering will begin tomorrow to mark the conclusion of the Rinchen Terzoe Jaglung.

Namgay Wangchuk, Paro

Edited by Sonam Pem

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube