Students engage in month-long STEM exploration summer programme

As students break for summer vacation, parents often look for enriching and exciting activities to keep their children engaged. One popular choice is exploring STEM fields through programmes such as robotics and technology. In Thimphu, students from various schools are participating in a month-long summer programme focused on hands-on learning, creativity and technological exploration.

From assembling mechanical components to programming, these young minds are turning their curiosity into innovative projects.

The summer classes emphasise creativity and innovation, encouraging children to think outside the box, experiment with designs and use their imagination to solve complex challenges.

For many, it’s their first hands-on experience with programming and electronics. So far, 30 students have enrolled in the month-long summer programme.

“I joined this class because I’m interested in robots and ICT and I want to learn more about them.,” said Karma Wangyel Ringzin, a participant.

“I am interested in solar panels. I joined to learn about them. They don’t require batteries and produce electricity from sunlight,” said Karma Rabgyel Dorji, another participant.

The summer programme offers a deeper understanding of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) concepts.

“My mother is an ICT teacher and I want to become one too. When I grow up, I want to install a fire detector alarm and auto water sprayer in our house,” said Jigme Jigsel Tenzin, also a participant.

“The beginner’s module we offer covers the fundamentals of electronics. We provide the course to build a strong foundation in electronic knowledge,” said Pelden, CEO, Robotic and IOT Training Institute.

The Robotic and IoT Training Institute (RITI) based in Thimphu is organising these classes with a fee-based system. The institute plans to participate in the international robotics competition in the future when the students are ready.

Dechen Choden

Edited by Sonam Pem

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube