Her Majesty Queen Mother Dorji Wangmo Wangchuck ends visit to three eastern districts

Her Majesty Queen Mother Dorji Wangmo Wangchuck has ended her visit to Trashigang which is a part of the Royal Tour to the east. Her Majesty is on a two-week visit and has so far travelled to Monggar, Lhuentse and Trashigang where she met with community members, students and officials.

On Monday (16/10/2023), Her Majesty Queen Mother Dorji Wangmo Wangchuck visited Nye village in Lhuentse and checked the progress of several projects initiated by the Tarayana Foundation.

The projects are aimed at elevating the income of the local residents.

“Our old home didn’t have enough space, and my wife and I were living in her parent’s house, so it was very congested. But then we got help in terms of money and equipment from Her Majesty through the Tarayana Foundation, and we were able to construct our own house, we are very grateful,” said Younten Dendup, a resident of Nye village in Gangzur Gewog.

Today (19/10/2023), Her Majesty visited Lumang Gewog in Trashigang and inaugurated the Lumang Seed Bank. It is a seed nursery which will provide seeds to the farmers and help promote organic farming.

Towards the afternoon, Her Majesty the Queen Mother met and interacted with the public and granted Soelra and Tokha.

“We couldn’t afford to construct a house, we are poor and we also have a lot of children to feed. But then Her Majesty promised to construct the house for us, so we are very happy,” said Tshering Gyeltshen, a resident of Darna village in Lumang Gewog.

“Despite my efforts, I have not been able to construct a house. I also have small kids to look after. But I am very grateful that Her Majesty is going to help me with my house construction,” said Tshewang Thinley, another Darna resident.

So far, the Tarayana Foundation has helped construct and provide nearly 3,000 houses to the poor in the country.

Later in the evening, Her Majesty departed for Pema Gatshel.

During her visit, Her Majesty visited several schools and institutes and interacted with the Tarayana Club members.

Currently, more than 130 Tarayana clubs have been instituted in schools across the country with around 6,000 student members.

Her Majesty is the Founding President of the Tarayana Foundation.

Sonam Darjay

Edited by Yeshi Gyaltshen

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube