Samtse covers Bhutan’s code of etiquette, found useful says people

With Dophuchen, Samtse has completed conducting a crash course on Driglam Namzha in all the 15 gewogs. The course on Bhutan’s code of etiquette began in June.

More than 70 villagers and NFE instructors attended one-day crash course in Dophuchen Gewog. Besides, code of etiquette participants were also briefed on the significance.

“Driglam Namzha were practiced since the time of our forefathers. When such things are being taught to us, we feel happy.” says Harilal Dhulal, a villager from Dophuchen “From us, we can pass down the knowledge to our children, relatives and others.” he added.

“The course is really going to benefit us because we were taught on basic cultures such as wearing kabney, eating and talking.” says another villager, Sonam Tshering Doya. “I on behalf of all the people in Dophuchen gewog  would like to thank the district and drungkhag officials for such opportunity.”

For NFE instructor like Limbu, it was an eye-opening experience. “I also learnt about sitting, ways on how to bow before higher officials and offering khaddar. I could not learn these before. So we are hoping for such program in the future as well.”

With growing number of mobile phone users in the country, the participants were also taught on the ways to talk to strangers over phone. They were also thoroughly briefed on the importance of preservation and promotion

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube