Paro FC leading BoB Bhutan Premier League’s table

Paro FC defeated Transport United FC 2-1 today in a close battle between the two giants of the Bhutan Premier League. Transport United FC had only lost to Thimphu City FC so far in the competition. With the outcome, the team marks their second defeat in the league. And reserving three points from the match, Paro FC is now leading the league table with a total of 19 points. Their arch-rivals, Thimphu City FC are in second place, three points behind the club.

The clash between the two teams saw an intense back and forth offence from both sides. Transport United FC found the back of the net at the 36th minute of the game. However, their lead short-lived when Paro FC equalized the score with a staggering header. The first half ended in a 1-1 draw.

In the second half of the game, Paro FC strategically used their defenders on the offensive side netting yet another goal at the dying minutes of the game. Later at the post-press conference, Transport United FC’s coach Ngawang Jamphel, said the change in offence from the opposition team made their team fall apart.

“I am not happy with my boy’s performance after the second half. They tried their best but there were few lapses from both the side defenders because Paro FC’s side defenders were attacking continuously. So my boys couldn’t maintain the rhythm and balance among themselves,” he said.

Meanwhile, the winning team’s coach said that the change in strategy in the second half helped them get the win.

“The repercussion of that penalty being saved impacted us and then we lost our composure and then conceded a goal. We had to make some strategic moves towards the end of the second half. We made a good move,” said Puspalal Sharma, the coach of Paro FC.

Only two teams, Thimphu City and Paro FC, are undefeated in the ongoing Bhutan Premier League. With a few matches left, the first round of the league ends on the 27th of this month.

Tshering Dendup

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube