12th Golden Youth Award Camp begins

The 12th Golden Youth Award Camp began today in the capital. Eighty students, selected from schools across the country, are taking part in this year’s Golden Youth Award Camp. The students will compete for the prestigious Golden Youth title.

“I feel extremely delighted and blessed at the moment. It is an amazing place to be and to be a part of Golden Youth Award camp, I feel extremely blessed,” said Sonam Choki, a participant from Gelephu HSS.

The Golden Youth Award is a platform to inspire and motivate youth to excel holistically. During the weeklong camp, the students will compete in the categories of academic excellence and sports to exceptional talents and leadership quality.

“After the programme here, I hope every youth here will get motivated to achieve our goals, make lots of friends and get lots of new knowledge,” added Suraj Rai, a participant from Tsirangtoe Central School.

The winner will receive a scholarship from the Bhutan Youth Development Fund (YDF) to study overseas. So far seven Golden Youth Award winners have received scholarships across Netherlands, Singapore and Canada.

The 12th Golden Youth Award camp this year is themed  Selwai Melong- the mirror of clarity. The first Golden Youth Award Camp was held in 2008.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube